BC Assessment is in the process of mailing 2019 Property Assessment Notices to homeowners throughout the province, including those in the Fraser Valley and homeowners can check their assessments online.
Fraser Valley Deputy Assessor Brian Smith says, “The majority of residential home owners within the Fraser Valley can expect a modest change compared to last year’s assessment. As of July 1, we continued to see strong market activity in the strata residential market throughout the region, where as the single family residential market was relatively stable.”
Here are links that can help you assist you:
- BC Assessment’s webpage to search for assessments online
- BC Assessment’s media release for the Fraser Valley region
- Interactive maps on market movement for different property classes, market trends, and the top 500 valued residential properties.
- Video showing BC Property Assessments by region
- Fraser Valley Top 100 Highest Valued Residential Properties list
- More resources on understanding the assessment process, including FAQs and a video
BC Assessment’s Fraser Valley offices are located in Surrey and Abbotsford:
- Surrey: #100, 5477 152 Street
- Abbotsford: #240, 31935 South Fraser Way
During the month of January, the hours of operation at both offices are 8 am to 5 pm. BC Assessment staff can be reached at 1-866-825-8322 or online at bcassessment.ca.